We are seeking a capable, solutions oriented and passionate Permaculture manager and coordinator to oversee and grow our work study service program at the Paititi Institute in the Peruvian Amazon. Please read the info document at the following link in order to familiarize yourself with the work service program before applying.
At the Paititi Institute we practice sacred stewardship. True stewardship of the earth can not be accomplished without each individual doing the deep inner work. We believe that there is an inextricable link between our inner and outer landscapes and we can not fully offer healing to the land without working on ourselves and vise versa. As a community we work to create a deep awareness of our body, speech and mind along with how we interact with the world. The ultimate goal is to fully immerse into the divine intelligence of nature and offer a humble and positive example for humanity.
An ideal candidate for this position is one who resonates with the vision of our community and is inspired to explore this interconnection and personal evolution for the benefit of all being.
On a day to day basis the coordinator would be involved in:
- Helping develop our Permaculture master plans and then following through in implementing them?
- Hands on Permaculture work (soil building, carring for the nursery, planting, earthworks, water management, caring for the gardens, and in general maintaining and improving all of our permaculture systems)
- Manage our work study service participants in permaculture projects and other community needs. The volunteer group size can vary from just a few to 15/20). This will involve keeping everyone on task and trained.
- Teaching weekly permaculture course to our work study service participants as well as being involved coteaching during our PDC courses.
- Develop local outreach and education programs.
- Being an active community member and collaboratively contributing to the growth of our community infrastructure and needs.
Requirements to apply:
- Hands on experience working on Permaculture projects including working with plants, earthworks, agroforestry, water and earthworks (tropical experience is a plus but not required)
- Completion of a Permaculture Design Certificate
- Experience managing working teams
- Teaching experience is a plus
If this is something that inspires you and you feel qualified to partner with us to manage and grow this program please feel free to apply by filling out the form below.