CODES OF BEHAVIOR :
Codes of Behaviour
All members of each school sport are expected to abide by the following codes of behaviours which have been taken from the Department of Education and Child Development SAPSASA - Codes of Behaviour:
* Be a good sport.
* Play for enjoyment.
* Work hard for your team as well as yourself.
* Treat all team-mates and opponents as you enjoy being treated yourself.
* Play by the rules.
* Co-operate with team and game officials.
* Control your behaviour on and off the field.
* Learn to value honest effort, skilled performance and improvement
* Behave in a manner that respects the rights of others regardless of mediums of communication used,
eg. Verbal and non verbal communication, digital mediums such as twitter, Facebook, email and texts
FOR TEACHERS, COACHES & TEAM MANAGERS:
* Set a good example for your players.
* Encourage and create opportunities.
* Teach a wide range of team skills.
* Ensure that the sport is appropriate for the age group and the skill development level of the players involved
* Teach your players to be friendly towards officials and opponents.
* Give all interested students a chance to participate in training and in games.
* Remove from the field of play any of your players whose behaviour is not acceptable.
* Keep your own knowledge of coaching and the developments of the game up to date.
* Encourage participation by your children.
* Provide a model of good sporting spirit for your child to copy.
* Be courteous in your communication with players, team officials, game officials and sport administrators.
* Encourage honest effort, skilled performance and team loyalty.
* Make any new parents feel welcome on all occasions.
* Do not interfere with the conduct of any events.
* Demonstrate appropriate social behaviour.
* Remember children play for enjoyment. Don't let your behaviour detract from their enjoyment.
* Let game officials conduct events without interference.
* Support skilled performances and team play with generous applause.
* Demonstrate respect for opposing players and their supporters
Any perceived breach of the Code of Behaviour will follow the grievance policy available for your reference on the School Sports Policy.
Please liaise with your team coach or manager, and if not resolved, escalate to your sport’s coordinator, the sports liaison coordinator, or to the Sports Committee Chairperson.
If concerns are of a serious nature escalate directly to the Principal of Brighton Primary School on 8296 3618.
Nikki Elbelidy Email:
Mobile: 0401 679 203