· Students very first class is complimentary (This does not include if a student is already attending another class or if the student is returning to the studio after a break).
· Classes are full term rate only, no casual rates or discounts for classes not attended. Students will be sent an invoice via email for the term, which will be due in full by the end of the 3rd week of term. Any unpaid fees after the due date will incur a $10 administration fee. Please contact us prior to the 3rd week of term if you need to discuss an automatic payment arrangement.
· Discounts: 5% off total term bill for two siblings and students attending two classes per week. 10% off total term bill for three siblings and students attending three classes per week.
· All term fees include a non-refundable $10 administration fee where students are unable to continue with class for a legitimate reason.
· Where a student has not paid the full term fee for their class after the due date, they will be followed up by our team a maximum of two times. If the fee still remains unpaid, the student will be unable to continue participating in class until the fee is paid or an arrangement made with us.
· Extra fees apply for showcase costumes and examination entries and uniforms. From time to time, extra fees may apply for extra rehearsals required for shows / exams or competitions.
· Our preferred method of payment is online bank transfer to ASB, Xpression Dance, 12-3191-0048480-00 (Reference students name).
· Xpression Dance Studio reserves the right to place any overdue fees with a Collection Agency, with all related collection fees being payable by the customer.
· Students must dress appropriately for each class depending on the style of dance. This includes the correct footwear. Long hair is to be tied back and off the face. Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle to class.
· Exam class students will be required to purchase the Xpression Dance Studio exam uniforms. Further information about these will be available in term two. Students can wear the uniform to classes, but are also encouraged to keep it in good condition for their exam.
· Ballet: Leotard, ballet tights and shoes with hair in ballet bun
· Jazz & Contemporary: Leotard, leggings, jazz shoes (bare feet for contemporary)
· Hip Hop: Loose t-shirt, pants and sneakers
· Stretch & Conditioning: Active wear
· Regular class attendance is important for all students. Especially for students attending Syllabus classes and during the lead up to shows.
· Students are encouraged to participate fully in their class – If a Syllabus class, students will be required to sit the exam. If a Crew class, students will be required to perform in the competitions / events the crew is taking part in. If an Open class, students are highly encouraged to participate in our studio show. Please communicate to one of our team if you feel you / your child will be unable to take part for genuine reasons.
· Auditions may be held throughout the year for Crew or Development classes. Audition results are at the discretion of Xpression Dance Studio, however if you have any questions or concerns please contact us.
· Students are to be punctual to classes to ensure they are able to complete a full warm up and make the most of their class time.
· Xpression Dance Studio has a “no spectator” policy for all classes. This of course does not apply to brand new students who are settling into their first or second class. There will be 2-3 viewing classes per term where parents and caregivers will be invited to watch their child’s lesson.
· Students are the sole responsibility of their parents / caregivers before and after class. Our tutors are generally teaching multiple classes and are not able to supervise students before or after class.
· If only one student is present for a class, the class will be cancelled and the parent / caregiver notified via phone. The lesson will be refunded to the student in full.
· Xpression Dance Studio reserves the right to amend or cancel classes at any time based on demand.
· Xpression Dance Studio, its representatives, tutors and successors will at all times provide a professional, excellent, safe environment and service.
· Respectful and courteous behavior is expected from Xpression Dance Studio staff, students and families at all times. This includes representing the studio at competitions or outside events.
· From time to time, the studio will use dance photos and videos for promotion purposes on the studio website or social media pages. Please let us know if you would not like your / your child’s photo or video published.
· All studio communication is via email (occasionally phone) from our studio coordinator and / or administration team only. Our website, www.xpressionds.com is also kept up to date with relevant information. It is the responsibility of parents, caregivers and students to provide their correct contact details and to stay up to date with studio notices and information.
· Choreography for classes, performances, showcases and competitions remains the artistic and intellectual property of Xpression Dance Studio tutors and / or our syllabus providers. Choreography must not be used without prior permission.
· Xpression Dance Studio has the right to amend this policy document at any time. An up to date copy will always be made available on our website, and at the request of any students or their families.
· By registering for class, you are authorizing Xpression Dance Studio to conduct dance classes for yourself / your child and are agreeing to the following: “Having registered, I understand that I am using the studio at my own risk. Having such knowledge I release Xpression Dance Studio, their representatives, tutors and successors from liability for accidental injury or illness which may occur as a result of participating in classes. I assume all risks connected with and consent to participate in the prescribed class(es). I agree to abide by all the terms and conditions laid out in the Xpression Dance Studio policy document.”
· Please communicate to our studio coordinator via any of the studio contact details, if at any time you have a question or concern.